Often referred to as ‘tracking’ wheel alignment is now a vital service operation for modern vehicles.
With the introduction of multi-link suspension designs and ever increasing wheel sizes wheel alignment can dramatically affect how a vehicle drives and has become a much more involved operation than simply ‘toe-in/toe-out’
We have invested in the latest four wheel alignment equipment to ensure that all the cars we set-up are done to the highest possible standard whether for regular road use or with a bias towards track use.
How to determine if wheel alignment is required:
• Uneven/premature tyre wear
• Unlevel/mis-aligned steering wheel
• A steering pull to the left or right, particularly noticeable at speed
• After hitting a pothole or kerb, particularly if severe enough to have caused wheel/ tyre damage
• After suspension or steering component replacement
• After routine tyre replacement to ensure maximum tyre life
Benefits of wheel alignment?
• Reduce tyre wear/extends tyre life
• Improves fuel economy
• Reduce c02 emissions
• Improved handling
• Safer driving
Air conditioning servicing, diagnostics and repair
DID YOU KNOW?
Over 90% of new cars are fitted with air conditioning! Whether it is a basic system with manual control or the latest tri-zone climate control system our f-gas certified staff have the experience to service and repair your air conditioning system.
Air conditioning systems should be serviced every 2 years to ensure correct and efficient operation.
VDS Performance summer offer!!!!
Get your vehicle's air conditioning checked and re-gassed for just £40!
WHY SERVICE AIR CONDITIONING?
• Maintains correct and efficient operation
• Save fuel! Low gas content can cause the compressor to work harder and therefore use more fuel
• Air conditioning should be used at least every week to keep the systems seals and components lubricated
• Air conditioning should be used during the winter months too as it removes the moisture from the cabin therefore helping to clear the windscreen and improve visibility
• Pollen filters prevent harmful contaminants from entering the cabin and should be replaced at least every 2 years (more often under unfavourable conditions)
• If your air con system smells musty or unpleasant then this indicates that it requires a ‘sanitisation service’ this is due to bacteria building [...]
Advancements in modern vehicle technology in recent years has made the correct diagnosis and repair of faults a much more involved and technically challenging task.
Despite the accompanying developments in modern diagnostic equipment, today’s technology requires the technician to be able to constantly learn new systems and skills in order to carry out effective and accurate diagnosis.Modern vehicles are becoming increasingly complex and typically consist of approximately 40% electrics and can have up to 100 control units all operating on a communication network!
At VDS Performance we have invested heavily in equipment, training and information to ensure that we have everything we need to carry out effective, accurate diagnosis of your vehicle, saving you money and getting you back on the road quicker.We have access to manufacturers information and electrical wiring diagrams, coupled with a wealth of experience in fault finding including using oscilloscopes as well as scan tools which gives us an advantage when it comes to fault finding. From tracing a broken wire to replacing/coding a replacement control module we have the knowledge, skill and experience required to get the job done right, first time, avoiding unnecessary an [...]
We have fully equipped workshop facilities and are able to undertake all aspects of mechanical repair including but not limited to the list below. Please give us a call today to discuss your requirements
Timing belts (cambelts) require routine inspection and typically replacement every 4 to 5 years.
Failure to do so can lead to extensive engine damage that can be expensive to repair. Have yours checked by us today!
We are able to carry out all routine brake maintenance, from pad and disc replacement, brake fluid changes to big brake upgrade kits for performance vehicles. Call us today!
Clutch slipping or juddering? Difficulty engaging gears? Clutch pedal sticking down? These are all signs that the clutch system is in need of repair. Call us for today for a competitive no obligation quotation!
We are experienced in repairing the VAG 02M/02Q 6 speed manual gearbox. Whether it's a failed selector fork, worn casing or noisy bearing - give us a call. We can also fit uprated LSD's (limited slip differentials) Call today for prices!
Tyres should be checked regularly for correct pressure, condition and damage. They can also influence how a vehicle feels to drive and can affect fuel economy. We can supply most makes of tyre [...]