VDS are specialists in diagnosing faults and regularly resolve faults that other companies cannot. We regularly attend training courses to keep pace with the newest systems and latest technologies. VDS have invested heavily in the latest diagnostic equipment including a fully licenced VAG ‘ODIS’ system allowing us to carry out the same level of repairs as the main dealers.
- Key and Immobiliser programming including ESCL and KESSY
- Control module replacement and coding
- Manufactures software updates
- Guided fault finding
- Access to the latest manufactures technical information including wiring diagrams and technical service bulletins
Some of the common faults we get asked to look at include:
- poor running – petrol and diesel
- complete non-start
- all common warning lights.
If a warning light comes on, it is because it has detected a fault within the system, failure to address this quickly can lead to further, more costly repairs, as can incorrect diagnosis which often results in replacement of unnecessary parts and increased labour charge.
Some of the common fault warning lights we see are shown above, if you have an issue with any of the systems shown or even any others that are not, give us a call, chances are we can help!
- EML engine management system
- COIL diesel engine management system
- DPF diesel particulate filter/after treatment system
- ABS anti-lock braking system
- ESP electronic stability program/traction control system
- EHPS electro-hydraulic power steering system
- SRS airbag/safety-restraint system
- TPMS tyre pressure monitoring system
- BATTERY battery and charging system